Tube system for transporting clean process and analysis gases
– Moisture content in a tube to be below 2 ppm. Less than 5 particles > 0.1 µm/ft3
– A minimum of impurities in the steel shown on a 3600 magnification micro photo
– Auger and ESCA analysis of the surface layer. Oxide layer to be >20 Ångström Min ratio Cr/Fe 1.5 to 1.0, typically 3.0 to 1.0 and CrO/FeO ratio 3.0 to 1.0, typically 4.0 to 1.0
– Low sulfur content (0.005-0.010%) in the steel to minimize impurities
– Tube drying with pure filtered Nitrogen gas
– Electropolished surface 10 micro-inch Ra 0.25 µm max also available in 5 and 7 Ra max.
– Tubes to be end capped and double bagged packed in a clean room
Please look at our full specification on this website.
Choice of tubing and fittings for high purity systems.
WinTech for-PURE has a standard program on seamless and welded tubes and fittings for all different quality levels and cleanliness requirements. The base tube material is very important and the integration between the steel mill, the tube manufacturer and the surface manufacturer is essential to be able to meet the final customer demand.
WinTech also processes a complete line of CFOS (cleaned for oxygen service) and other special cleaning and polishing services
Electropolishing is an electrochemical method where a surface layer of approximately 20µm is removed. The removal primarily takes place on the tops of the micro profile.
The austenitic structure appears in a very clean condition. The surface has a bright and shiny appearance.
The technical advantages with electropolishing are summarized below:
– Metallurgical cleanliness
– Less friction
– Improved corrosion resistance
– Reduced surface area
– Easy cleaning
Electropolishing of stainless steel started to really take off at the end of the 1960´s. As the methods were more and more developed the interest from the industry grew. Today electropolishing is a well-developed, advanced and established method for creating a smooth and metallurgical clean surface.
Microbiologically cleanliness and particle control is of greatest importance and absolute necessary in several industrial fields e.g.; Semiconductor manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing and biotechnology. The demand on process cleanliness with regards to analysis and process gases, water for injection (WFI), chemicals and products within these industries has played a major role.
We also stock a full line of vacuum tubing in 304 adn 316L (for-VAC).